NABU - Naturschutzzentrum (Nature Protection Centre) Federsee
Federsee - a natural paradise for humans, animals and plants. The variety of plants and more than 265 different types of birds that can be discovered while walking, are possibly unique. That is why Federsee carries the rating "Europareservat" (European Resere) and has been accepted by the European Union into their net of protective areas "Natura 2000. Piers over and paths around the lake offer excellent possibilities to observe nature's beauty or just to enjoy the peace. Nature tours are offered by the NABU-Naturschutzzentrum (Nature Protection Centre) Federsee.
Here you can find our newsletter overview!
- Relaxing and recovering in a beautiful landscape
- One of the largest and most beautiful nature reserves of Baden-Württemberg
- 265 bird types and rare flowers, e.g. orchids
- Noble water lilies and metres high of reed
- Flower meadows species-rich with 70 types of butterflies
Our product range
- All year we offer nature tours into our nature reserve
- Special tours for groups and school classes by arrangement - also at short notice
- Children's birthdays and school class projects for all ages, e.g. "Forschen am Erlebnisteich"(Doing research at the experimental pond), "Naturerlebnis Wackelwald" (Tour Wackelwald), "Fledermäuse" (bats)
- For families: Nature Exploration Rucksack for rent
- Nature-Shop and meeting point for nature friends
- Exhibition "Nature at Lake Feder", with an interactive Info-Computer, wild bee wall and Aquarium with Lake Feder fish.